Posts Tagged ‘Brooks Running’
What do LOVE and RUNNING have in common? Do YOU chase the rush of endorphins and the burst of adrenaline that comes along with exercise? The energy felt after an amazing run or race often comes close to matching the euphoric feeling of new love, lustful love, lasting love, lifetime love, endless love, sweetheart love, first crush love. Your heart is racing. You feel giddy. Your serotonin level is given a boost resulting in an increased feeling of happiness. I have a life full of love and running adds additional feelings of happiness and well-being into my life.
What are the top ten reasons why I LOVE running? Let me count the ways . . .
10. Did I ever mention my love of SPANDEX-somehow I always end up choosing sports that require wearing spandex of some kind-it started with ice skating (perhaps the origin of my love of the running skirt-my favorite being a pair of bright pink spandex and a matching swirly skirt), and then horseback riding (not quite so fashion forward), then rowing (I had a flourescent cantaloupe colored uni-suit, no kidding), and now running (long spandex in the winter and now an addiction to running skirts in all sorts of bright colors and patterns)
9. Just another excuse to purchase more shoes (because you can never have too many shoes). Now there are running shoes that are not only engineered for performance but that come with a bit of style too.
8. Increased stamina for chasing my 3.5 year old and my 18 month old.
7. Stress release. Stress Release. Stress Release. Need I say more????
5. The great outdoors-whether it be running on a trail, up a mountain or on the road. I love running in the fresh air of New Hampshire even if it is only 5 degrees outside (as long as you are dressed in layers and looking like the “Michelin Man” you are all set).
4. Running with my best friends. This always provides he endless distraction of conversation during a hard run or a long training run which is always welcome. The topics range anywhere from talking about family to talking about the ridiculous and ending up in hysterical laughter along the way. Plus a great running friend is always ready to push you through your difficult moments.
Invite my amazing running friend Bridget (ultra runner) if you need the distraction. She will talk all the entire way up a giant hill without even getting winded.
3. Running peace-the ability to let go and just experience the quiet of your mind and the nevironment.
2. Training, and racing with inspirational athletes.
1. Just putting on my shoes and heading out the door.
Why do you love to run? I’d love to hear your top ten reasons!