This weekend (Sunday, June 10th at 9 a.m.) I am going to be running at the First Annual “Sufferfest.” Sufferfest is a mountain adventure race put on by Littleton Bike and Fitness and sponsored by our family farm Pete and Gerry’s Organic Eggs.
The race begins in Franconia, NH at the Franconia Inn and ends at the top of Cannon Mountain in Franconia Notch. You can pick your “poison” for the race, run it or ride it (mountain bike). The race will be a grueling 6 mile climb with an elevation gain of 3,150 feet. For trail enthusiasts and mountain runners this will be an exciting challenge and may even be referred to as “fun.” I’ll let you know how much “fun” I had post-race if I am still able to stand on my own two legs which are still in recovery mode post Vermont City Marathon. I am hoping some of the other Pete & Gerry’s Organic Chicks will join me on the mountain!
This race definitely has some cool features not to be missed:
- It is primarily a trail race (albeit a trail race that only goes up!?!?)
- If you are running perhaps one of the mountain bikers might let you hitch a ride?
- When you
EVENTUALLYarrive at the finish you will be rewarded with sweeping views of Franconia Notch and beyond.
- It will NOT be snowing! (and if it is I think I may need to move somewhere tropical)
- If you actually make it to the summit you can officially call yourself a bada$$ for rocking this awesome challenge.
- You might win some egg-cellent raffle prizes that include some EXTREME PROTEIN to refuel your body post race!
You do not have to run or ride back down! The Trams often referred to by locals as “ketchup & mustard” will be there to bring you back to
earth the base of the mountain.
***DISCLAIMER: If you do not like condiments then you are all out of luck and will have to run or ride back down.
SO who’s in? Are you up for the challenge? If so please register here on active.com and I’ll see you at the top!