It’s time to dream big! Set some New Years Running Goals that will make you feel strong and proud!
2012 is coming to a close which means one thing, it’s time to set some New Years Running Goals for 2013! Last year was a big year for me. I qualified for the Boston Marathon for the first time and ran many PR’s. a more focused training plan from my coach Denise Goode from The Sustainable Athlete, the support of my awesome family and friends and setting personal goals all helped to make me a faster, stronger and more positive runner. I can’t wait to see what this year will have in store for me!
1. Improve my overall strength through strength training and core exercises.
2. Run the Boston Marathon and match or better my Boston Marathon qualifying time of 3:33.
3. Complete my first 50k ultra trail race at the Pineland Farms Trail Running Festival
4. Set a half marathon PR (my current PR is 1:37)
5. Race in a mud run/obstacle course race (perhaps the Spartan Beast!
6. Become a Road Runners Club of America running coach
7. Run a race with my daughter.
This list of New Years goals is always a work in progress of course because there are always new race adventures to add. Much of my Boston Marathon training this winter will take place on trails and I am also going to compete in the awesome winter mountain running series Winter Wild again to keep things fun and exciting through the grey winter months. After Boston is over I am going to spend a lot more time focusing on trail and mountain running.
What are your 2013 New Years Running Goals?
Fitness Friday 2012 in Review-Jill Conyers: Fitness, Health & Happiness
My Five Favorite Races-Mary Baum: Food and Fun on the Run
My 2013 Running Goals-Steph: Fit Mom in Training
Running Goals for 2013-RunAroundPhilly
Reviewing My 2012 Running Goals-A Veteran Runnah
Trackback from your site.