It’s Smoothie time again!
Yesterday after my marathon pace run I needed to restore my energy quickly so I decided it was time to pull out my blender and to whip up a new smoothie concoction. This week I have been craving mango. Did you know that mangoes are often called a “superfruit?” Mangoes are a great source of Vitamin-A and flavonoids like beta-carotene. They are also a good source of Potassium (a good choice if you are tired of consuming too many bananas like me before workouts and at races). Mangoes also contain high levels of Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Potassium, Copper and Vitamin A. This low caloric fruit is also high in fiber, helpful in digestion and are thought to help prevent cancer.
I have been working on finding the best post workout smoothie. Today I experimented with some ingredients that I haven’t used in a smoothie before. Have you ever used Hemp Hearts in a smoothie? I used Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts. Hemp Hearts are fantastic because they are a plant-based source of protein. Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts have Omega-3′s and Omega 6′s and are also Non-GMO Project Verified
- 1 Scoop of Tera's Whey Dark Chocolate Organic Protein Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
- 1 Teaspoon Champlain Valley Apiaries Raw Honey
- 1 Cup Woodstock Farms Organic Frozen Diced Mangoes
- 1 1/2 Cups Silk Soy Milk–Vanilla
- 1 Cup Crushed Ice
- Place all ingredients in your blender. Mix to desired texture and enjoy! This smoothie has a nutty flavor from the Hemp Hearts and the sweetness is cut by the use of the dark chocolate protein powder. This is definitely a post workout power smoothie!
Trackback from your site.